The problem. You advertise on Facebook and send people to your website. People hit the site, browse around and then leave. Since your website captures email at an extremely low rate you rarely can follow-up via email. The remaining option is to pay additional dollars to bring each person back to the site. Retargeting costs continue to rise, and you pay advertising platforms more money. Worse, Facebook followers only see 1-2% of everything your destination posts further increasing the cost of Facebook.
The solution. Instead of directing people to visit the site right away, invite them to stay on Facebook and chat with your organization about what they saw in the ads. The conversation will further personalize your engagement with the traveler, and allow you to send them to the best page possible on the website.
But, here is the biggest upside! Facebook users who engage with your chatbot in messenger then become a subscriber. Facebook users who subscribe to your Messenger chatbot can then be sent messages at a later time. Facebook messages are opened as much as 80% of the time. Compare that to email which has an open rate between 10% and 20%. Instead of paying to bring people back to your website send them messages through Facebook Messenger. This will save on retargeting costs, and get better results than email marketing.
What You Can Expect
- Stop paying for more ads in order to bring people back to your website.
- Stop worrying about pixel compliance, and cookie blockers.
- Better than a like or follower, subscribers to your Facebook Messenger will see your messages 100% of the time, not 1-2% of the time like posting to Facebook.
- Get your content seen by more travelers. Email open rates hover between 10% to 20% were as Facebook Messenger open rates are known to be 80%.
- Nurture relationships over time through personalized content and short conversations opposed to email messages that broadcast a one-way message to all.